Yahoo pits old school against new school in “American Doughnut Shops with Street Cred”
1. Leonard’s Bakery – Honolulu, Hawaii
What to order: The classic malasada
2. Polar Donuts – Oklahoma City, Oklamoma
What to order: Strong Pimp Hands, obviously.
3. Atkins Farms – Amherst, Massachusetts
What to order: The classic cider doughnut.
4. Helen Bernhard Bakery – Portland, Oregon
What to order: An old-fashioned glazed doughnut.
5. New Place Bakery – Detroit, Michigan
What to order: Paçkzi, as many as you can eat (plus a box for the road).
1. Federal Donuts – Philadelphia, Pennslyvannia
What to order: The cookies & cream Fancy, or the Indian cinnamon Hot Fresh
2. FROST Doughnuts – Mill Creek, Washington
What to order: The salted-caramel doughnut: a traditional vanilla old-fashioned doughnut with handmade caramel and Fleur de Sel
3. Donut Friend – Los Angeles, CA
What to order: The Jets to Basil, a glazed doughnut with goat cheese, strawberry jam, fresh basil, and balsamic reduction.
4. YoYo Donuts – Minnetonka, Minnesota
What to order: A maple-bacon Long John.
5. Glazed Gourmet Doughnuts – Charleston, South Carolina
What to order: The Purple Goat, with a berry-goat-cheese filling and lavender glaze.